What is a cash house buyer?
A cash house buyer is either an individual or company with sufficient funds to pay for the entirety of your property.
While there are numerous benefits to using house buyers who pay cash for your property, such as being able to sell your house incredibly quickly, you must also take care and consideration to ensure you only work with a professional and reliable house buying company.
As you can imagine, not all home buyers who use cash to buy property are trustworthy. Some are simply acting on behalf of other organisations and may charge extra fees for services such as arranging surveys.
Others may also attempt to profit further by selling your information to third parties.
At We Buy Any Home, there are no hidden fees or expenses and we guarantee that you will receive the final quoted price for your property in full. We also appoint a solicitor for you and pay all legal fees.
How do property buyers work?
At WeBuyAnyHome you will be involved in every step of the property selling process. The journey will be 100% transparent and you will never be left confused. Here’s how we work…
Fill in our enquiry form
To start the process off, either call us directly or enter your details into our short online enquiry form. Filling in our enquiry form won’t take long, we just need some simple details from you – including your accurate, up-to-date contact details and your property address. You’ll then be contacted by a member of our experienced buying team to discuss your property and our process in detail.
Making an offer
Within 24 hours of submitting your enquiry, WeBuyAnyHome will give you a call to take some more details on the property and determine its true market value. During this conversation, we’ll discuss your ideal timeframe for selling, as well as answering any queries you have regarding the process. Based on our own market knowledge, the details you have supplied, and our desktop valuation using third party tools such as Land Registry and RightMove Plus, we will make you an initial cash offer – which will be the best possible price we believe we can pay for your property. If you’re happy with our initial offer, we will send it to you in writing, either online or in the post.
Get a final cash offer for your home
After you have accepted our offer and filled in the necessary paperwork, we will arrange for a maximum of 2 RICS qualified surveyors/ valuers to assess your property and provide accurate value. At this point, we will also appoint you a solicitor from our panel. We cover the cost for both – you won’t pay a penny. We will then make a final offer based on the valuations of these valuations and the expertise of our in-house underwriting team.
The benefits of using cash house buyers
Opting to go with house buyers who pay you in cash, like WeBuyAnyHome, is the fastest way to sell your property.
As an individual, selling a house usually involves tedious elements like arranging surveys, getting a mortgage in place and even dealing with chain breaks. All of which can prolong the already considerable amount of time a property spends on the market. With We Buy Any Home, we guarantee a fast and competitive house sale and take care of all the administration side – so you don’t have to endure any of these factors.
There are many companies that aren’t genuine cash house buyers. These companies will promise a fast house sale and then delay the purchase until they have arranged finance or sourced a buyer.
In the event that you need to sell your home quickly, for whatever reason, we guarantee that we can unlock the value of your property in an honest and efficient way.
At We Buy Any Home we pride ourselves on being industry-leading home buyers that provide one of the safest and surest property selling services. We can make an offer for your property within 24 hours and make the full payment within days, if needed.
- Chain free sale
- No viewings
- No delays
- No hassle
- No fees
The National Association of Property Buyers
WeBuyAnyHome is founding members of The National Association of Property Buyers. In 2013, as one of a small group of companies, we were determined to improve standards in the fast property sale industry. Therefore, it was decided that all NAPB members should also register with The Property Ombudsman (TPO).
All NAPB members follow the stringent professional standards outlined in the TPO’s Code of Practice. WeBuyAnyHome believes that self-regulation and strict observance of the Code of Practice, including the dispute resolution process, allows us and other NAPB members to provide a trustworthy and secure quick house sale process.
As NAPB members, WeBuyAnyHome also belongs to The Property Ombudsman’s Redress Scheme. This means we are committed to providing a completely transparent, honest and fair service to all our customers selling their home to us.
Are all cash house buyers trustworthy?
Not all cash buyer property companies are responsible, honest and reliable like WeBuyAnyHome. There are a number of companies peddling buy your house for cash scams – but how can you spot a cash property buyer who may not be legitimate?
- Check whether they are NAPB registered or not
- Ask for evidence that they themselves are buying your property
- It is not possible for a genuine cash buying company to offer 90-100% of the market value of your home
- If they claim they do, ask how they make money as a company
- Be prepared that they will drop this figure later in the process
- If they won’t provide anything in writing, this is a red flag
- Find them on Companies House – you’ll need their registered trading name, which you should be able to find in the Terms and Conditions on their website
- Have a look at how long they have been trading
- Find out who the directors are and do your research on them
- Find their offices, do they look like an authentic company?
- Check their Trust Pilot and Google Reviews
- How many negative reviews are there?
- Do positive reviews sound too good to be true?
- Have any reviewers mentioned spotting their property on Zoopla/RightMove?
- Have a look at RightMove and Zoopla – if the company is listed on either, they are not buying your property directly and therefore cannot guarantee you a sale.
If you do become involved with a property cash buyer that you believe is trustworthy, keep your eye out for any of the following red lights during the process:
- RICS qualified surveyors/ valuers should be assessing your property. If this is not the case, your cash buyer may be affiliated with an estate agent in order to conduct potentially biased valuations.
- Read through your contract to check if the company could apply any unfair penalties
- Check RightMove and Zoopla to ensure they aren’t advertising your property online
- If they are, and they’ve put it on for lower than full market value, this will go on record and will devalue your property
- Any offer from a genuine cash buying company would then be a percentage of the lower amount – which is why it’s so important to do thorough checks before choosing a cash buying company.