If you want to sell your house, you may have come across companies that buy houses for cash. These companies may be attractive if you are looking for a quick, hassle-free way to sell your property. But you might be wondering if they are legit and if it’s worth exploring them further.
In this blog, we’ll dive deeper into your options when selling to a cash house buyer and look at ways to tell if the company is legit.
Are Companies that buy houses for cash legit?
It’s a question that is likely on the minds of many homeowners who are considering selling their property to a cash buyer. The good news is that there are many legitimate cash buyers out there who can make selling your house hassle-free and fast. However, there are also some scams to watch out for, so it’s important to know what to look out for and what questions to ask before you make a final decision. Ultimately, you should examine each company individually to determine if they offer a legitimate cash-buying service or are likely to scam you.
Advantages of buying from a cash house buyer
Selling your property to a cash house buyer has several advantages:
- It’s quick: If a swift sale is an essential factor for you, these companies can often complete a sale in a matter of days, compared to the weeks or months it can take to sell a property on the open market. Suppose you have experienced a change in circumstances, financial difficulties, or any other reason why you may wish to sell your house quickly. In that case, cash buyers can be particularly appealing for this reason.
- It’s convenient: Selling a property can be stressful and time-consuming, especially if you’re trying to juggle it alongside work, family commitments, finding a new home, and other responsibilities. By selling your house to a cash buyer, you can avoid many of the traditional hassles of selling a property, such as staging the home for viewings and negotiating with potential buyers.
- It’s flexible: Cash house buyers are often willing to buy a property in any condition, meaning you don’t need to worry about investing time and effort into making repairs or improvements before you sell. This can be especially useful if you hope to sell a property that requires extensive maintenance or don’t have the time or money to invest in getting the house market-ready.
How to tell whether a cash house buyer is legit or not
While there are many legitimate cash house buyers out there, the unfortunate truth is that there are also several scams to watch out for. Here are some tips to help you determine whether a cash house buyer is likely to be a scam or not:
- Check their credentials: Do your due diligence before you agree to sell your property to a cash house buyer. Look for signs that it is a legitimate company, such as its registration number, VAT number and trading history. You can easily find this information and more by searching for the company on Companies House, the UK government’s official register of companies.
- Read reviews and testimonials: Reading reviews and testimonials from previous customers is another good way to gauge whether a cash house buyer is legit. Look for reviews on independent sites like Trustpilot or Google Reviews and check the company’s website and social media channels. If you find a lot of positive reviews from satisfied customers, it’s a good sign that it’s a legitimate company you can trust.
- Ask for proof of funds: A legitimate cash house buyer should be willing and able to provide evidence of funds and give you peace of mind that they have the money to buy your property. If you ask for this and the company is reluctant to provide proof or requests an upfront fee beforehand, that’s a red flag.
- Beware of lowball offers: While cash buyers will often pay you a little less than what you may have got for your home on the open market, it’s essential to be wary of any offers that seem too good to be true. Scammers might make attractive offers to entice homeowners into selling their properties quickly without doing any due diligence on the company first. Do your research to find out what your home is worth before accepting any offers.
- Ask questions: Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you need before deciding whether to sell your house to a cash buyer. A reputable company will be happy to answer any questions that you may have about the sale process, fees, and other details. If the company is evasive or unwilling to answer your questions, you might be dealing with a scam.
Sell your property with We Buy Any Home
Using our own funds, we will purchase your property at a set price, by a date of your choosing, fully managed from beginning to end.
Any location, any condition, we buy any house. We can provide you with an offer for your UK property – Cardiff to Clyde, Durham to Dover. Our specialist team have helped assist thousands of people to a quick and stress-free house sale.
Fill in our enquiry form below if you are interested in getting a cash offer for your house.