What Documents Should I Receive After Buying a House?

FREE cash offer within minutes
What Documents Should I Receive After Buying a House?
  • Free cash offer within minutes. Receive funds within 7 days.

Documentation is rarely seen as the most exciting part of buying a house – but in all cases, having the right forms for purchasing a property is absolutely essential.

After you have purchased a house, it is easy to get carried away with the excitement of the moment, but you must also remember that there are certain documents you should receive. Many of these will be important further down the line.

If you are wondering: “What documents should you receive after buying a house?”, then you are in the perfect place. We have provided a comprehensive list below so you understand exactly what you need.

Stamp duty receipt

Within 30 days of completing the purchase of a house, your solicitor should provide you with confirmation that stamp duty has been paid.

Indemnity insurance Certificate

You should receive an Indemnity Insurance Certificate after buying a house. This should also cover chancel repair indemnity insurance, or any other legal cover. Your solicitor will be able to advise you on the contents of this certificate, so you understand exactly what it does/doesn’t cover.

Energy Performance Certificate

After the purchase of a house, you should receive an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). This documentation is a legal requirement, and it provides information on the energy efficiency of the property that you have just bought.

Copy of the Lease

Your solicitor should provide you with a copy of the lease, once the purchase of a house goes through. This should provide details on any service charge accounts or forecasts.

Property Information Form

You should receive a Property Information Form (also known as a TA6 form) after completing the purchase of a house. This documentation provides extremely valuable details about the property, including the location of water, electricity and gas meters, who is responsible for certain boundaries on the property, and much more.

Fittings and Contents Form

A Fittings and Contents Form will provide you with crucial information about what is left in the property, once the previous owners vacate. This form outlines whether things such as light fittings, curtains and floorings are included in the sale.

Title Deeds

You should receive confirmation from your solicitor that you have been registered with the Land Registry as the owner of the property. This is often done digitally, so you may not receive a physical document straight away, but your solicitor should confirm that this has been taken care of.

Your solicitor should then provide you with a copy of the registered title showing you as “registered proprietor” within a month or two of completing the purchase of the house.

Report on Title

It is important that you maintain a record of the search results that were completed on your new property. Your solicitor can provide a report on title which outlines these results.


If your property has been recently built, you should have a copy of your Buildmark (NHBC) or other new home policy/warranty documents.

How can I find a fast conveyancer?

The documentation outlined above should be provided to you by your solicitor or conveyancer. However, some new property owners feel frustrated by the length of time it takes their solicitor to provide these documents. So, how can you find a conveyancer who will act quickly?

When the time comes to research different conveyancers, you should always search for feedback from people who have actually worked with the conveyancer in the past. Online reviews are an excellent way of identifying which conveyancers provide an excellent service, and which ones don’t.

In particular, you should search for online reviews which emphasise the speed of the conveyancer. If past clients have been satisfied with how quickly the conveyancer moved, then this is a good sign for you, too.

You should also be open-minded about the location of your conveyancer. While some people pride themselves on ‘local knowledge’, you may find that the best and fastest conveyancers are located slightly further away. Just because this is the case, it doesn’t mean you should rule them out.

Keep in mind that fast, high-quality conveyancers or solicitors usually charge more money. You should be willing to pay a bit more for the convenience of a fast process.

Sell your property with WeBuyAnyHome

WeBuyAnyHome are chain-free cash house buyers who can purchase your property up-front and quickly, without hassle or stress. You are in the perfect place to sell your house fast.

Using our own funds, we will purchase your property at a set price, by a date of your choosing, fully managed from beginning to end.

Any location, any condition, we buy any house. We can provide you with an offer for your UK property – Cardiff to Clyde, Durham to Dover. Our specialist team have helped assist thousands of people to a quick and stress-free house sale.

Click on this link if you are wondering: ‘what do I need to sell my house?’

Fill in our enquiry form below if you are interested in getting a cash offer for your house.

Free cash offer within minutes, any condition, any location.

Posts Related To Cash House Buyers

View all articles

Get a free cash offer today
Enter your details below

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.