The UK’s Most Haunted Locations
When it comes to property many cultures are superstitious:
In the United-Kingdom we have a surprising number of buyers who won’t exchange or complete on a sale on Friday the 13th due to superstition. There are people who won’t buy a property with certain numbers – even numbers, for example, are more desirable.
Asian buyers, in particular, are especially superstitious about numbers which greatly impact on their property search. They won’t purchase anything with the number 4, 17, 19, and 53. However properties numbered 1, 2, 6, 8, and 68 are deemed lucky and are therefore desirable. Discover the most haunted places in the UK.
Here are our top 10 house & home superstitions:
- The date of ownership of a new property transferred is all-important. To ensure good luck it must have a number which, when written, ends toward the top of the page. (Philippines)
- Putting shoes on a table in your home will bring bad luck. (USA, UK)
- Number four in an address is bad mojo, especially if it’s written on the letterbox (the word for ‘four’ sounds like the word for death in Cantonese and Mandarin. (China)
- Properties that sit on curved roads or facing a T intersection will invite bad fortune (China)
- Don’t move an old broom into a new house, you’ll bring all your former bad luck with you. (USA, UK)
- Scatter coins around the living room of a new home to invite financial prosperity.(Philippines)
- Don’t sweep your home at night or you’ll brush away good fortune. (West Africa)
- Having an eight in the listing or rental price is a sign of good luck and prosperity. (China)
- If black ants frequent your home you’ll come into wealth (Phillippines)
- Never give a knife as a housewarming present. That neighbours will become an enemy. (USA)
As a nation known for some mysterious and unexplained paranormal activities that visitors have reported, we take a look at the UK’s most haunted locations…check out the infographic below!
From haunted houses and spooky ghost stories for thrill seekers to owners being dragged out of bed in Ancient Ram Inn and visitors falling ill shortly after encountering the famous White Lady, the UK has all the ghost hunting tales you can ask for.
If you feel like you’re ready to move on to a new home after reading this and looking for a quick cash buyer, we’re here to help.