We are EMC Finance Ltd t/a We Buy Any Home with registered office at Cambridge House 27 Cambridge Park, Wanstead, London, E11 2PU, United Kingdom (“we” or “us”).
We Buy Any Home is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We Buy Any Home may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st December 2011.
1. What we collect and how we use it
1. What we collect and how we use it
We collect the following information about you when you use Our Website:
- Information that you provide by filling in the forms on Our Website. We may collect personal information (for example your name and email address) when you register with us, or submit a query or request via one of our page’s. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Our Website;
- Information related to your property, demographic information and contact information
- Correspondence, or a record of it if you should contact us; and
- Information collected by us as you use Our Website. We collect and store information transmitted by your computer when you use our Website. This may include your IP address, browser data and information we receive from cookies.
We may use this information in the following ways:
- To provide our service(s) to you as a user of Our Website, including processing your enquiry, order and payment, enhancing your user experience and responding to a query or queries submitted by you via our “Contact Us” Page;
- To ensure that content from Our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To identify you when you visit Our Website including to assist with logging you in;
- To notify you about changes to Our Website;
- To help diagnose problems with our server and to administer Our Website; and
- To provide you with other information about features of Our website which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes, if you have submitted your contact details to us for these purposes or otherwise provided your consent for us to do so. We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Third party sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
These cookies enable you to browse the website and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience
4. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
5. Your consent
By using Our Website and submitting information to us, you consent to:
The collection and use of your personal information by us as described in section 3 above; and
Us sharing data with third parties in accordance with section 4 below;
6. How we share your information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
To enable our suppliers or third party partners to process your enquiry on our behalf;
For marketing purposes provided always that you consent to us sharing such information with third parties by notifying us via Our Website or in other communications (e.g. by ticking the relevant box(es) on Our Website at the point of registration);
To other members of our group, our partners and service providers (for example people who provide technical services to Our Website) for the purpose of managing or administering certain aspects of Our Website, or to help us develop new services;
If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation and/or in order to enforce or apply any other agreements between us; or
To protect the rights, property or safety of us or other Website users.
7. Your rights - marketing
You will only receive marketing communications from us and/or third parties if you have consented to this when you provided your contact details to us (or if you have otherwise given consent to us for these purposes).
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can request that you stop receiving information from us at any time by writing to We Buy Any Home, 17-19 Maddox Street, London, W1S 2QH.
8. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, only complete forms which are required before submission.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time using our contact us page.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to We Buy Any Home,17-19 Maddox Street, London, W1S 2QH, United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.